Friday, November 30, 2012

Playing catch up....


I got so behind! Every day, I kept thinking I needed to catch up and between our internet at home being screwed up and working late for awhile… the days just flew by!

Nonetheless… I’m here now… time to catch up on Day 16 through Day 30.

Day 16: I am thankful for the Fightin’ Texas Aggies. I may not have finished school, but I will forever bleed maroon. I love everything about A&M and of course, our football season this year!

Day 17: I love that I grew up in the 80’s and 90’s. I loved my childhood. The toys, the shows, the nostalgia of it all. I got my cousins’ hand-me-downs, some of which were very 70’s/80’s-esque. 

Day 18: Thankful for mascara. It’s amazing what a little tube and a brush can do. When I don’t feel like going through the entire process of full makeup… I feel a bit better with just a few strokes of mascara.

Day 19: My church home. We’ve had ups and downs this past year or so and granted, I haven’t been coming in many months…. But I am so grateful for the family I have gained at FCC Rowlett.  

Day 20: Grateful for comfort food. Whether it’s a bowl of (my new ‘like’) chicken and dumplings or a scoop of ice cream…. I love that a taste can bring back a memory or make you feel at home.

Day 21: Llamas. Today, I am thankful for llamas. Because, duh… why do I need to explain?

Day 22: Thankful for my car. It may not be everyone’s dream car… but I have transportation to and from work… somewhere to take me where I need to go or want to see. 

Day 23: Today I’m thankful for my home. I am beyond blessed to have the opportunity of this house. I love that I can fix things up and redo and make it my own. I love that it’s OURS and most of all, I am thankful for the simple fact there is a roof over my head…. Unlike so many other people all over.

Day 24: I am thankful for movies and TV. I grew up watching all sorts of classic movies and TV shows. I knew all the old actors and admired the greats. I adored Lucille Ball and idolized Gidget. It’s amazing how you can know every episode of FRIENDS and say the words along with the Breakfast Club. From the 40’s to now, so many of them hold good memories, good feelings, tears of joy and warmth and more!

Day 25: Also thankful for music. Music speaks to my soul. In worship, it’s how I feel closest to God. In everyday life, I can crank up music and escape from the world. I sing the songs in the car and in the shower. Whether it’s Bach or Britney, Johnny Cash or Ja-Rule…. I listen to it all. Music too, holds great memories and warm feelings. I recall rockin’ to the oldies growing up and love it all today.

Day 26: Last week I was working a bit late and glanced out the window. I saw the most gorgeous sunset… a sky full or blues and yellows and pinks. How can that not take your breath away?

Day 27: Silly as it sounds, I am thankful for Pinterest. I’m so glad there is a place to share tips, crafts, recipes and more. I’ve made several things I have seen and enjoy it so much. People are so creative. 

Day 28: Today, I’m thankful for God’s timing. Not only in my own life, but lately… God has been showing Himself to others in just the right time. I am in awe of the miracles He creates… big or small. I hope He always reminds me that I need to let go and trust in Him.

Day 29: Today I’m thankful for pink. And glitter. Or better yet, pink glitter. Seriously, don’t ask me to explain that one.

Day 30: Since tomorrow is the first day of December… today, I am thankful for Christmas. I am thankful for lights and Christmas carols. For nativity scenes and tinsel and trees. Stockings from the mantle, White Christmas on the TV, fire in the fireplace…. The birth of our Savior. Merry Christmas all!

No comments:

Post a Comment