Sunday, November 11, 2012

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Day 11

Today, I am thankful for three things. These are three things that have recently changed in my life and have helped me... for the better. Sonic. E-Cigs. Happy pills.

Sonic drinks. Route 44, to be specific.
 Sure, I have my morning sodas (usually diet now) but I no longer have a couple Route 44 ounce sodas daily. Instead, I pull through once or twice a day and order a $.76 ice water... what a difference! No more sugar, no more damage to my teeth, no more icky carbonation. The water usually tastes so much better and of course, makes me feel... so much better. I am sure my kidneys are breathing sighs of relief.

My E-Cigarettes/Vaping.
 I'm on day 67 since I had my last analog (real cigarette.) I feel so much better. What a blessing these are for so many people. I could talk and talk about how wonderful these are and what an amazing cessation tool vaping can be.  0 mg of nicotine, simply vapor. Savings loads of money. I am thankful for quitting smoking and thankful for everyone who has supported me. I am sure my lungs are breathing a sigh of relief.

Anti-Depressants
 I'm on my third week of my first ever 'happy pills.' The dose just got bumped up and I know it's still early... but in the past couple of days, I have begun to notice a couple subtle changes. (This post also goes hand in hand with thankful, day 8.) I know a lot of people are not all "for" prescriptions of this type... but I do believe depression is an illness. It may not bee warranted.... but it can come on strong and get worse over time. I have hope of freedom with these and eventual counseling. I know my brain is breathing a sigh of relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment