Sunday, November 4, 2012

Maw Maw & Paw Paw & Bam Bam & Paw Paw

Day 4

"Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do.  Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children."  ~Alex Haley

Today, I am thankful for each of my grandparents. How can a girl luck out and get two sets of wonderful, generous, loving, and caring people in addition to Mom and Dad?



  • Paw Paw Miles passed away when I was five. I remember his warmth and his smile. I remember his laugh and the way he always smelled like Certs. He'd take me to get tacos and loved me in a certain little dress. I remember waving to him in the hospital from a window, because I was too young to go inside. I love hearing the stories about him and know how much he loved my grandmother.
  • PawPaw Thorne passed away where I was seventeen. I was blessed to have been there that night. To say my goodbyes and the I love yous. I'll remember his silliness and his loving heart. He always was good natured and never met a stranger. He was my chauffeur to and from school for years and always shook his head when me, my mom, and grandmother were gone all day shopping. He deeply loved my grandmother. I love hearing more stories about him and value the ones I remember him telling me himself.
  • Maw Maw passed away in 2010. I took her for granted... like we always seem to do when we are growing up. Never know what someone means to you, until they are gone. I will remember her love for God and for my grandfather. Her forgiving heart, her wonderful smile, and loving laugh. I'd give anything to have a hug and kiss from her right now. To hear the same stories 100 more times. I was there in her final months and visited the day she passed. She was possibly, my biggest fan and loved my husband. I have a respect for her that I never knew was possible.
  • Bam Bam is thankfully still with us. I can't imagine life without her. She was my partner growing up... telling me silly bedtime stories, making crafts with me, and feeding me wonderful food. She's so good hearted and such a wonderful woman. She loves our Lord and taught me His word. I value our Christmases... her favorite! I believe she is stronger than she gives herself credit for. I love that my husband loves her, and she loves him. I admire her love and strength she had for my grandfather. The memories I have with Bambi, my Perky, are endless. Her laugh, her heart, her fudge! I love you Bam Bam... you are definitely one of my heroes!

No comments:

Post a Comment