Thursday, September 5, 2013

365 days and counting

Well... I did it! I made it to a year of not smoking! After ten years of smoking a pack/pack-and-a-half a day, I actually made it. Whew!

Here's my progress:



Hard to believe I would have smoked over 7,000 cigarettes and spent over $2,300! I am so glad I made the decision to quit. I feel better that I could have imagined. And love getting compliments on my perfume, because before... the smoke covered it up.

I love not waking up feeling like death and hacking up what might have been a lung. I love not getting winded walking from my car into a store. I don't miss the cottonmouth at all.

...but if I am being honest... I DO miss smoking too. Maybe part of me always will. While I do use the E-Cig still and vape at 0 mg of nicotine... I'd love to pick up a Marlboro Light.

One of my biggest accomplishments (for myself) is having the opportunity to smoke, without anyone knowing, and having the will power to say no. Cleaning out my car once, alone in my back yard, I came across a perfectly in tact Marlboro Light 100. Who would know?

I would have.

So I broke it in half and threw it away.

....so, a year later, and one goal down... I hope I can have the same will-power on my next endeavor: weight loss. Chris began a couple weeks ago and is doing so well. I am so proud of him!

I'm easing in to it. I'm not sure I am 100% ready-- but I'm getting there. I'm readier than I've ever been.

Here's to another year of making better choices! If I can add around 30 days to my lifespan by not smoking... where will I be in a year of eating better and exercising?

Want to follow our progress? Visit us over at our weight loss blog: ahealthierhuggins.blogspot.com

Until next time.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment